Jenny Clare Jang

follow me on:
instagram: jennicaboom
twitter: @jennyjihyunjang
tumblr: jennicaboom.tumblr.com


Wednesday 1 January 2014

#11 Postcard Swaps

It's almost a year since I started writing postcards to my friends overseas, and to the people who I have never ever met, how did I find these people? I met them through Instagram;   And ofcourse, I didn't accept every random request, I had to actually research and I guess not to be a freak but (Stalk); just to be safe and secure.

I recently started to get more involved with this "Postcard swaps", simply because I have more time, yess (freedom! HOLIDAYS!) but eventually.... it won't last forever but in that amount of time given to me (tadaaaahhhh. the angel sings)... I want to do something special and thoughtful.
 Making a thoughtful letter to someone I know, isn't that hard because I know them well  (duhh.), but when it comes to writing random people like, 'what the heck am I suppose to write ....or like i have little knowledge about them, well "these people"... ; I kind of struggle a lot'! but it actually helps me calm myself down and encourages me to think twice as much. The incoming mails I receive can make my day, and some inspire me. This taught me both cultural differences, and their personal struggles. So, so far, I have sent to Switzerland, Germany, Korea, Australia, Philippines, and much more. Collecting postcards are one of my hobbies now since I have abundance of them all carefully kept inside my secret locker.

" I hope I can visit these lovely people one day, and I  really hope I keep in touch with them as long as I can. Sometimes , it reminds me of writing a letter or a personal  diary about my thoughts to another me. "


To be honest, when I started sending out the postcards it was me just dabbling in art few years ago, compelled by the idea of art journals and I was doing my hardest to fill a sketchbook or cards with paint smeared pages and meaningful words, and sending that to my friends overseas but later I figured out it took me a heck of a time, and I didn't wanted to force myself, I mean I love   playing with the different techniques but I couldn't waste my time tooo much one that... you know what I mean ! (when things can get a big busy!) But this year maybe, maybe, I can pick that technique again even though I will be even mmooree crazy and busy? Who cares! I guess I found my self a nice hobby?

Oh, between;  I will upload  the pictures asap, of  postcards and the letters next time! but for now I will upload my penpal's just to give you an idea of what it feels like to have a lot of cool letters and postcards.


2 comments: